Nokia has released “Nokia Chat” instant messaging application for all Lumia devices at Nokia BetaLabs. The Nokia Chat is already available for all S40, Asha and Symbian devices and thus enable one to be in touch with millions of other users like us (our chat id: firstname.lastname@example.org) through this application. Read below for the features and availability details,
The first beta release of Nokia Chat for Windows Phone is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, India, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Nigeria.
- Person to Person Messaging: Reach millions of Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger users across different mobile and computer platforms.
- Push Notifications and Live Tile Updates: Receive new message notifications, preview new messages, and see how many notifications you’ve received – even when Nokia Chat isn’t running.
- Share a Place: Send information about a restaurant, store, or other point of interest. If the recipient is also using a Lumia, they’ll see details, directions, and reviews inside the HERE Maps app.
- Broadcast Your Location: Optionally include your city or neighborhood in your status message, so your friends and family know when you’re near or faraway.
- Find Contacts: Scan your phone’s address book to find friends and family who already use Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger.
In case you are using a Lumia WP8 devices, you can take advantage of these additional features:
- Speak Your Message: Compose a message by pressing speak, and what you say will be translated into text.
- Voice Commands: Start Nokia Chat by long-pressing the Windows key and saying “Chat with” and the name of an existing contact: for example, “Chat with John”.
- Lock Screen Notifications: See how many Nokia Chat notifications you have on your lock screen. Start the built-in Settings app and select “lock screen” to begin.