Expected and awaited “Foursquare” and slightly unexpected but heavily updated “YouTube” apps for Windows Phone 8 devices have hit the store. Joe Belfiore from Microsoft twitted about both apps in quick succession and by looks of it, both the application are well designed to take advantage of WP8 features.
- Get instant suggestions when you open the app, like breakfast spots in the morning, dinner after a movie, or sights if you’re traveling in a new place
- See where friends go, and when they’re nearby
- Easily search for “Thai,” “park,” or “eggs benedict”
- Get directions, menus, hours, photos, and more
- Get tips from friends, top publications and brands
- Keep track of where you’ve been
- Like places and leave tips for friends
- Save places to your to-do list
- We learn your tastes the more you check in
- The app now lets you pin videos, channels, playlists and search results right to your Start Screen.
- A new and innovative playlist design gives you easy access to videos using a touch-friendly filmstrip.
- Your YouTube profile, playlists, uploads, video lists are easier to manage.
- And there’s no need to worry about the little ones viewing content you don’t approve of, since you can now pin YouTube to Kid’s Corner and limit content based on YouTube Safety Mode settings you configure.
The updated YouTube application is now available in the store. Here is the download link and click here if you want to read more about the new update YouTube application. Joe Belfiore has promised WP7 support and more languages coming to updated YouTube application soon. Currently it will be available in 6 languages.